Photo courtesy of Andrew Zerbe
|Registry Numbers||US 1629, AL 8 (view other lookout sites in United States, Alabama)|
|Date Registered||November 27, 2016|
|Nominated by||Andrew Zerbe|
|Location||Calhoun County, Alabama|
N 33° 50.916' W 085° 54.798' (view using Google Maps)
N 33° 50' 55" W 085° 54' 48"
N 33.848600° W 085.913300°
|Elevation||654 ft (199 m)|
|Administered by||Alabama Power|
This was a standard 100-foot steel tower built by the CCC for the Alabama Department of Conservation on land owned by Alabama Power. It was one of the last projects completed before the CCC shut down. It was likely removed before 1970. The only remnants of the tower today are 4 concrete footers.