1934 L-4 site
|Registry Numbers||US 2081, ID 32 (view other lookout sites in United States, Idaho)|
|Date Registered||May 22, 2022|
|Nominated by||Rod Fosback|
Clearwater National Forest
Clearwater County, Idaho
N 46° 44.126' W 115° 24.453' (view using Google Maps)
N 46° 44' 08" W 115° 24' 27"
N 46.735433° W 115.407550°
|Elevation||7,139 ft (2,176 m)|
|Administered by||U.S. Forest Service|
The first lookout built in 1919, was a cabin 12 feet by 12 feet made of whipsawed lumber with a map board on the roof reached by ladder. Manned by a crew of two. This cabin was replaced in 1934 with a hip roofed L-4 cab 500 feet south of the 1919 cabin. Lookouts Bob Elliott and Turk Oliver used their spare time one summer to construct the rock foundation for the new lookout. They made a windless winch and by hand using a rock drill and jack hammer, blasted and winched enough rock for the new lookout's 14 foot by 14 foot base.