This 20' live-in cab with catwalk was built by the CCC in 1941 on the Wythe Ranger District of the Jefferson National Forest. The tower was purchased by Mr. Kime, the creator of the Big Walker Lookout Tower attraction on state route 52, and was dismantled for its timber around 1953 to 1954. The footers are still visible in the woods immediately to the north of the Big Bend picnic area, but they have deteriorated significantly. The footers are 21' 2" apart from center to center. The gravel access road to the Big Bend tower, FS 206, was built by the CCC as a firebreak. The Appalachian Trail used to pass by the tower on its original route along the Walker Mountain ridge. It was moved further north in 1977 due to insufficient water sources for hikers along the mountain ridge.