|Registry Numbers||US 548, WA 2 (view other lookout sites in United States, Washington)|
|Date Registered||November 18, 2009|
|Nominated by||Rod Fosback|
Colville National Forest
Ferry County, Washington
N 48° 55.363' W 118° 26.006' (view using Google Maps)
N 48° 55' 22" W 118° 26' 00"
N 48.922717° W 118.433433°
|Elevation||5,864 ft (1,787 m)|
The tower was built by the US Forest Service on the Colville National Forest. Several lookouts have been built on this site beginning in 1922 with a rag camp and 20' pole platform. Then a log cabin was built in 1924. In 1926 a 30' pole tower with 6'x6' cab. In 1944 a 30' tower with L4 cab was built, that was removed in 1970. A guy line anchor from the 30' pole tower of 1926 and the footings of the last lookout, the 30' tower with L4 cab that was made in 1944 and removed in 1970, are all that remain of the lookouts. The last lookout was slightly below the summit on the west side, while the older lookout structures were right on the summit.
A vintage 1942 outhouse stood just below the summit on the east side until it burned during the 2015 Stickpin Fire. The outhouse was featured in a 2012 issue of Nostalgia magazine.
30' tower guy anchor