|Registry Numbers||US 525, NY 2 (view other lookout sites in United States, New York)|
|Date Registered||June 23, 2009|
|Nominated by||Henry Isenberg|
Suffolk County, New York
N 40° 51.883' W 072° 52.000' (view using Google Maps)
N 40° 51' 53" W 072° 52' 00"
N 40.864720° W 072.866670°
|Elevation||74 ft (23 m)|
Camp Upton South Tower sat on what was the U.S.Army's Camp Upton which is now the Brookhaven National Laboratory. Built sometime after the North Tower after 1932, it was a wooden tower and worked in conjuction with the steel primary tower. The tower was closed in 1953 and removed in 1956 at the same time as the steel tower. Nothing remains at the site today. This site is about 2.5 miles northeast of the town of Yaphank, NY.