|Registry Numbers||US 1949, VA 42 (view other lookout sites in United States, Virginia)|
|Date Registered||March 25, 2020|
|Nominated by||John McDonald|
|Location||Prince William County, Virginia|
N 38° 54.762' W 077° 40.081' (view using Google Maps)
N 38° 54' 46" W 077° 40' 05"
N 38.912704° W 077.668024°
|Elevation||1,141 ft (348 m)|
|Removed||between 1966 and 1979|
|Administered by||Private Owner|
On September 4, 1941, the Prince William County Board of Supervisors authorized up to $350 for a fire tower at the request of district forester Berlin Eye. Fauquier and Loudoun counties were also expected to contribute. The decision was attended with some controversy, as the eastern Prince William County based Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton VFD published a blistering denunciation of the county's lack of financial support for them while paying for a state fire tower in the western end of the county. It was later used as a landmark for the nearby USGS Jackson Hollow benchmark. The tower was visible in aerial imagery captured in 1954, and was located by the USGS in 1966. In 1979 it was reported the tower had been demolished.