A visitor center now occupies the site of the tower
|Registry Numbers||US 1950, VA 43 (view other lookout sites in United States, Virginia)|
|Date Registered||March 25, 2020|
|Nominated by||John McDonald|
Prince William Forest Park
Prince William County, Virginia
N 38° 33.672' W 077° 21.000' (view using Google Maps)
N 38° 33' 40" W 077° 20' 60"
N 38.561200° W 077.350000°
|Elevation||218 ft (66 m)|
|Administered by||National Park Service|
Located near the Forest Park headquarters, this wooden tower was apparently erected at the beginning of WWII and seldom used afterwards. In 1961 it was moved to Partlow, in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. It may have been originally located south of Joplin Road according to a 1948 transfer of land to the Marine Corps.